The Best and Worst Things to Say To Someone Who Is Grieving
January 7, 2014
What so you say to someone who is grieving?
It’s a delicate time and saying something meaningful is important.
Complied by Caleb Wilde and posted by Confessions Of A Funeral Director Facebook Page, here is the list of what to say and what NOT to say.
The Best Things To Say To Someone Who Is Grieving
1) I am so sorry for your loss.
2) I wish I had the right words, just know I care.
3) I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help you in any way I can.
4) You and your loved one are in my thoughts and prayers.
5) My favorite memory of your loved one is…….
6) I am always just a phone call away.
7) Give a HUG instead of saying something.
8) We all need help at times like this, I am here for you.
9) I am usually up early or late (whichever applies to you), call me if you need anything.
10) Just say nothing and be with the person.
The Worst Things To Say To Someone Who Is Grieving
1) At least he/she lived a long life, many people die young.
2) He/She is in a better place.
3) He/She brought this on themselves.
4) There is a reason for everything.
5) Aren’t you over him/her yet, he/she has been gone for awhile.
6) You can always try and have another child.
7) I know how you feel.
8) Be Strong
9) He/She did what they came here to do, it was their time.
10) Are you better yet?